The following formula is a useful guide / checklist for your introduction. Do not deviate from this.
- Introductory quote or hook involving a real life situation (2-3 sentences);
- Unpack the question. Acknowledge contested or ambiguous terms. Rewrite it in your own words to show you understand the key issues;
- Nail your knowledge question;
- Explain how you will address the KQ. Set the parameters and direction of your essay;
- Briefly give your thesis.
Examples of essays with marks and comments.
See more on ISLE